What we love about these garlic butter noodles
- These basic noodles are super versatile. Try serving them as a side with braised beef or pork piccata.
- As an entree, it’s a one-pot meal, and it’s ready in a matter of minutes. It has saved us in a pinch so many times.
- Want to change things up? Add some steamed veggies, a little lemon juice, or even just some dried Italian seasoning.
- Did we mention this recipe is so versatile?
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
Ingredients you might need to pick up
- Butter – This recipe turns out great using a margarine as well.
- Garlic – Freshly minced garlic will give you optimal flavor, but you can also use jarred minced garlic to save time. If you need to, a pinch of garlic powder will also work.
- Egg noodles – We like extra wide egg noodles – sometimes labeled egg dumplings – but you can really use any type of pasta you want.
Making changes to a recipe can result in recipe failure. Any substitutions listed below are simple changes that I believe will work in this recipe, but results are not guaranteed.
How to make garlic butter noodles
Cook the pasta. Boil egg noodles in salted water, following package instructions. Reserving about ¼ cup of pasta water, drain noodles and set aside.
Melt the butter. In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic in butter until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
Return noodles to pot. Stir to coat noodles in garlic butter. Add 1-2 tablespoons of pasta water (this helps the butter adhere to the noodles and creates a better texture). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish and serve. Just before serving, sprinkle some fresh parsley (if you have it) and serve the buttered noodles with your favorite grated cheese.
Everything you need to know about this recipe
Salting pasta water is the only real way to add seasoning to the pasta itself. For a very simple recipe like this, it is more important than ever. The salt will infuse into the pasta as it boils.
More delicious noodle recipes you will love
Other simple pasta recipes you should try
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles, in salted water, according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water, drain noodles and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic sauté until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Return noodles to pan. Add 1-2 tablespoons of pasta water and stir to coat the pasta with butter.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic butter noodles, butter noodles recipe, garlic noodles recipe, garlic noodles, recipe of garlic noodles, garlic butter pasta, butter pasta, butter sauce for pasta, garlic butter sauce for pasta, garlic butter pasta sauce, butter pasta sauce garlic