You’ll find all of your favorite Mediterranean flavors in this Greek spaghetti. This recipe features tender spinach and grape tomatoes, sautéed with red onions, briny capers and kalamata olives in classic, aromatic Greek herbs.
What we love about this Greek spaghetti
- This recipe strikes the perfect balance between taste and convenience. Even though the ingredients list seems long, it’s relatively quick to prepare, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
- We love that this is a meatless dish that incorporates lots of nutrient-packed veggies making it an great choice for enjoying a comfort food like spaghetti without any excess calories.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. We may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. We will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients you might need to pick up
- Red onion
- Kalamata olives
- Fresh spinach
- Grape tomatoes – Any small tomato variety would work just fine for this recipe.
- Fresh dill
- Feta cheese
How to make this Greek spaghetti recipe
Cook the pasta. Following package directions, cook pasta to al denté in a large pot of salted water. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water before draining, drain and set aside. You will use the reserved pasta water for the sauce, so make sure to save it.
Make the sauce. Using the same pot you cooked the pasta in, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and crushed red pepper flakes and let that simmer until the onions have softened. Next, toss in the tomatoes, capers, kalamata olives, red wine vinegar, salt and oregano. Continue to cook until tomatoes have softened then add the spinach and dill.
Toss it together. Return the pasta to the pot and incorporate half of the feta cheese, stirring in pasta water as needed – a few tablespoons at at time until everything is well coated in sauce. Garnish with extra feta crumbles and some remaining fresh dill before serving.
More spaghetti recipes you will love
Other veggie pasta recipes you should try
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 2 – 3 tablespoons capers
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al denté. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, drain and set aside. Toss pasta with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from sticking while preparing the sauce.
- In the pasta pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and onions. Sauté until onions have softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in capers, salt, oregano, tomatoes, olives and red wine vinegar. Cook until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add spinach and dill, cooking until spinach is wilted.
- Return pasta to the pot, stir while adding 2-3 tablespoons of pasta water at at time until spaghetti is well coated in sauce.
- Garnish with crumbled feta and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Spaghetti
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: greek spaghetti, greek spaghetti recipe, mediterranean pasta, healthy pasta dishes, mediterranean pasta recipe, mediterranean pasta recipes, pasta with olives, olive pasta