This recipe originally appeared on our sister site: Simply Whisked.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them
Ingredients you might need to pick up
- Pasta rings
- Tomato sauce
- Ground beef
- Parmesan cheese
Making changes to a recipe can result in recipe failure. Any substitutions listed below are simple changes that I believe will work in this recipe, but results are not guaranteed.
How to make spaghettios
Bake the meatballs. Mix the meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl until they’re well combined. Portion them into miniature meatballs and bake them in 400˚F oven for about 10 minutes.
I like to use a small measuring spoon to portion my meatballs, because I find that my small cookie scoop is too big. You want them to be about 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons in size.
Boil the pasta. While the meatballs are cooking, boil the pasta in a large saucepan with salted water. Just follow the package directions for al dente, and drain when they’re done.
Make the sauce. While the pasta cooks, measure out the ingredients for the sauce. I like to combine them all in a small bowl so that I can just add them to the tomato sauce when it’s time.
Toss it together. Once the pasta is drained, let it sit in the colander, and add the sauce ingredients to the saucepan. Cook the sauce, stirring to combine the ingredients, until the sauce is hot.
This should only take a minute or two, but turn up the heat if you need to. Add the pasta and meatballs back to the pot and cook until heated through.
More kid friendly pasta recipes:
- Southern macaroni and cheese casserole
- Mozzarella stuffed meatballs
- Hot dog pasta
- Cheeseburger macaroni and cheese
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
For the meatballs:
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
For the sauce:
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the pasta:
- 8 ounces, 2 cups pasta rings
To make the meatballs:
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
- Combine the meatballs ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until evenly combined. Portion meatballs into teaspoon-sized balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the meatballs reach 165˚F. Remove from oven and set aside.
For the pasta and sauce:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente, in a large saucepan of salted water.
- Drain pasta and let rest in colander or strainer.
- In the same saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook over high heat, until heated through.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the meatballs. Stir to coat the pasta and meatballs with sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Novelty/Other
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade spaghettios, kid friendly pasta, pasta rings, anelletti pasta recipe, spaghettios recipe