What we love about this hummus pasta
- This recipe comes together so quickly, it’s a great option for a weeknight dinner.
- Who doesn’t love a pasta dish that contains basic, healthy ingredients? Plus, skipping the cheese garnish this recipe is 100% vegan!
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
Ingredients you might need to pick up for vegan hummus pasta
- Hummus – Plain or classic is what you want for this recipe. Although if you love roasted red peppers, you could try that to really up the flavor.
- Roasted red peppers – The flavor of roasted red peppers pairs perfectly with hummus, if you have ever had the roasted red pepper hummus you get it! This ingredient might just be the star of the show in this recipe, after the hummus that is.
- Broccoli – We used a medium sized head of broccoli. After removing the stems this was a little more than 4 cups of florets.
Making changes to a recipe can result in recipe failure. Any substitutions listed below are simple changes that I believe will work in this recipe, but results are not guaranteed.
How to make this hummus pasta recipe
Cook the pasta. Cook pasta to al denté, according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining. Drain and set aside.
Sauté the veggies. In the same pot, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Simmer garlic and crushed red peppers, until aromatic. Then add the broccoli and white wine. Allow to cook for about 2-3 minutes then stir in roasted red peppers.
Make the hummus sauce. Add half the hummus and return pasta to pot. Add a splash of pasta water and the remaining hummus. Stir until pasta and veggies are well coated with sauce. Add a few more tablespoons of pasta water, if needed to make the pasta a bit more saucy.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
More spiral style pasta recipes you will love
Other healthy pasta recipes you should try
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 16-ounce package cavatappi pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 medium head broccoli, stems removed
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 cup store-bought hummus (unflavored), divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup pasta water, reserved
- Cook pasta to al denté, according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat olive oil on medium high heat.
- Simmer garlic and crushed red peppers, until aromatic.
- Add broccoli and sauté with white wine.
- Stir in roasted red peppers.
- Add half the hummus and return pasta to pot.
- Add a splash of pasta water and the remaining hummus.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Spiral
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: Hummus pasta sauce, healthy noodles, vegan hummus pasta, low calorie pasta, best hummus recipes, red pepper pasta, vegan pasta recipe, vegan pasta recipes, roasted red pepper pasta, broccoli pasta, creamy broccoli pasta