What we love about this green bean pasta
- The ingredient combination in this unique pasta dish makes for a well-rounded meal that your taste buds will love. This is a truly satisfying dish, with so much flavor!
- We love serving this recipe in the summer, using fresh green beans and fresh basil. The light yet creamy lemon sauce makes a perfectly refreshing summer meal, plus it makes all the flavors pop.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. We may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. We will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients you might need to pick up
- French green beans – We used fresh French green beans, sliced lengthwise to help balance each bite. If you want to use frozen French cut green beans, you can skip the blanching step and toss them in with the linguine during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Goat cheese
- Sliced almonds – Sliced almonds work well for this recipe, they add a lot of crunch while keeping bite size reasonable.
- Lemon zest – You will need the zest from a single, whole lemon.
- Half and half – Heavy cream can be used here, but we chose half and half to keep it slightly healthier.
- Fresh basil leaves
How to make pasta with green beans
Blanch the green beans. In a large pot of salted water, blanch the green beans. This should only take 2-3 minutes and makes them tender yet crispy. Remove green beans from the water and set aside.
Cook the pasta. Using the same boiling water, add pasta and cook to al denté, following package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
Make the sauce. In the same pot heat olive oil over medium heat and sautè garlic and lemon zest with crushed red pepper flakes until fragrant. Whisk in half and half until warmed through then stir in half of the goat cheese. Continue whisking until smooth. Return pasta and green beans to the pot and stir in sliced basil.
Garnish and serve. Sprinkle additional goat cheese crumbles and sliced almonds over pasta before serving.
Everything you need to know about this recipe
Green beans are a very versatile bean and can be served with many different dishes. We chose all the flavors of this dish based on the green beans so all of the ingredients work harmoniously with the green beans.
French green beans are typically picked when they are young and slender, while the beans inside are still very small.They have a delicate flavor with a crisp texture. We have sliced them lengthwise for this recipe, which can be time consuming but it allows the beans to be more similar in size to the linguine making this dish a delight to eat.
More vegetable pastas you will love
Other linguine recipes you should try
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 8 ounces French cut green beans, sliced lengthwise
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup half and half
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles, divided
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish with sliced toasted almonds
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch green beans for about 2 minutes, or until they have turned a bright green color. Remove the green beans from water and set aside.
- In the same pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to the package instructions to al dente. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, lemon zest and crushed red pepper flakes cooking until fragrant.
- Stir in half and half and bring it to a simmer. Add pecorino romano cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Return cooked pasta and green beans stirring until well coated in sauce.
- Stir in sliced basil leaves until well combined.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Linguine
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: green bean pasta, pasta and green beans, french beans recipe, green french beans recipe, recipe french green beans, recipes for french green beans, french green beans recipe, pasta green beans, pasta with green beans, bean pasta