What we love about this pasta with spinach and ricotta
- This recipe is a great way to sneak some extra greens into your weekly rotation. It’s a hearty and healthy pasta dish that the whole family will love!
- Spinach and ricotta are a classic combo that when served together create a creamy, tangy blend of flavors that cannot beat.
- With just a few simple ingredients, this dish is both satisfying and wholesome, making it a great option for a quick weeknight dinner or a cozy weekend meal.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. We may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. We will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients you might need to pick up
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Ricotta cheese
- Pecorino romano cheese
How to make this spinach ricotta pasta
Cook the pasta. In a large stock pot, salt water and cook rigatoni to al dente according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
Make the sauce. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and crushed red peppers, cooking until fragrant. Stir in fresh spinach leaves and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in ricotta and pecorino cheeses stirring until melted. Season with salt.
Toss it together. Add rigatoni to the sauce, adding pasta water as needed. Stir until rigatoni is well coated with sauce.
Garnish and serve.
More creamy pastas you will love
Other rigatoni recipes you should try
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated pecorino romano cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Cook rigatoni according to package instructions to al denté. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes, sauté until fragrant.
- Add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Stir in ricotta cheese, grated pecorino romano and salt until well combined.
- Add a few tablespoons of pasta water and stir.
- Return rigatoni to pan and stir until well coated with sauce.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Rigatoni
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: spinach ricotta pasta, spinach and ricotta pasta, recipes with ricotta and spinach, recipe spinach and ricotta, recipes with spinach and ricotta, spinach and ricotta recipes, pasta with ricotta and spinach