What we love about these spicy sriracha noodles
- The simplicity of this recipe makes it perfect for a quick meal. Add some steamed veggies or your favorite protein to step it up a notch.
- We think these noodles are plenty spicy, but everyone’s taste is different. You can increase or decrease the heat of these noodles easily by adjusting the amount of sriracha.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. We may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. We will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients you might need to pick up
- Lo mein egg noodles
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
How to make this sriracha noodles recipe
Make the sauce. Whisk together sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside while noodles cook.
Cook the noodles. Following package instructions, cook the lo mein noodles. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water and drain the noodles.
Stir fry together. Return the cooked noodles to hot pan and stir in the sauce. Stir fry for a few minutes to allow sauce to warm up and absorb into noodles a little.
Garnish and serve. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped fresh cilantro before serving for an extra delicious bowl (or plate) of noodles.
Everything you need to know about this sriracha noodles recipe
The thicker lo mein noodles we used for this recipe are called lo mein noodles. The trick to getting the thicker lo mein noodles is to make sure to purchase lo mein noodles with egg. Ours contained only egg whites, but this allows the noodles to plump slightly when cooking, rather than the flatter style lo mein noodle.
You can substitute a few things for sriracha. Our favorites are gochujang paste or a chili paste such as sambal oelek. Both of these would substitute perfectly if needed.
More noodle recipes you should try
Other spicy pasta recipes you will love
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 10-ounce package lo mein egg noodles
- Sesame seeds, garnish
- Cilantro, garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk sauce ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Cook lo mein egg noodles according to package instructions.
- Reserve ½ cup cooking water and drain noodles.
- Return noodles to hot pan and stir fry with sauce, adding some cooking water if needed.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Egg noodle
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: sriracha noodles, garlic sriracha sauce, chili garlic noodles, spicy noodles