This recipe originally appeared on our sister site: Simply Whisked.
Why I love this sweet potato pasta with cilantro tahini sauce
This is one my favorite pasta recipes. We used to make it all the time when Ellie was a baby – I was on a major sweet potato kick around that time – but some how I forgot about it, and we hadn’t made it in years.
This pasta dish is so good, and so simple to make. Roast the sweet potatoes, boil the pasta and make the no cook pasta sauce while they cook.
The sauce itself is made with fresh cilantro, nutty tahini and tons of garlic and ginger. It’s a little bit reminiscent of a peanut sauce, but so different at the same time.
Here’s what you’ll need to this make sweet potato pasta with cilantro tahini sauce
How to make this sweet potato pasta with cilantro tahini sauce
Roast the sweet potatoes. Peel and cut your sweet potatoes and roast them until they’re tender in a 400˚F oven. I like to line my sheet pan with parchment for easier cleanup.
Cook the pasta. Boil a large pot of salted water, and cook the linguini according to the package directions to al dente. When they’re cooked, drain the pasta in a colander.
If your sweet potatoes need a bit more time, feel free to drizzle the pasta with olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
Make the sauce. While the pasta and sweet potatoes cook, mix the sauce ingredients in mixing bowl. I like to heat my tahini a bit in the microwave to make it easier to whisk into the sauce, but that’s totally optional.
Toss it all together. Mix the sauce with the sweet potatoes and pasta and toss until everything is evenly coated. Serve with extra cilantro and/or lime wedges.
FAQs and tips on making sweet potato pasta with cilantro tahini sauce
Baking sweet potatoes will bring out more flavor than boiling them. It will also help to crisp them up and make them hold their shape.
Other delicious fall pasta recipes
- Pan fried butternut squash pasta
- Thai peanut pasta
- Pumpkin pasta in parmesan garlic cream sauce
- Vegan fall pasta salad
More linguine recipes you will love
- Linguine with lemon & tomatoes
- Pesto linguine with crispy balsamic chickpeas
- Linguine with clams
- Pork piccata linguine
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- Salt & pepper
- 12 ounces linguini pasta
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Place sweet potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and season liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 – 30 minutes, until tender.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. When pasta is cooked, toss with roasted sweet potatoes and sauce. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Linguine
- Method: Roasting
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan pasta, sweet potato pasta, tahini pasta, tahini pasta sauce, sweet potato recipe, pasta recipe