What we love about this thai basil pesto pasta
- This dish is loaded with all sorts of flavor elements. We love the combination of sweet, savory, and tangy flavors. This dish blends them all perfectly.
- This sauce goes great with more than just pasta. You can use it as a dipping sauce or a marinade. Try it with some grilled steak or chicken kabobs this summer.
- You can serve this pesto pasta as a side dish, or as a main course. You can even try adding some veggies. Tossin some broccoli florets with the pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking, drain together and coat with sauce for a more well rounded meal.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. We may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. We will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients you might need to pick up
- Thai basil leaves – This aromatic herb has a slightly spicy, peppery taste with a hints of anise.
- Minced ginger – We used pre-minced ginger, but you can absolutely grate your own fresh ginger root.
How to make thai basil pesto sauce
Cook the pasta. In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta to al denté according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
Combine sauce ingredients. Add thai basil leaves, peanuts, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, cooking oil, crushed red pepper flakes and salt to a food processor or a blender. Blend until almost smooth, pesto should be a coarse consistency.
Serve pasta with sauce. Return the pasta to the pot and add prepared pesto sauce. Stir to coat pasta in sauce, adding pasta water if needed. Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve.
More pesto pasta recipes you will love
Other fusion style recipes you should try
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 16 ounces pasta
- 1 cup thai basil leaves, packed
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions to al denté. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine Thai basil leaves, peanuts, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, cooking oils, crushed red pepper flakes and salt.
- Process ingredients until well blended, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Combine pasta and pesto, stirring until pasta is well coated. Add reserved pasta water if needed.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blending
Keywords: basil pesto pasta, thai basil recipe, thai basil recipes, thai basil pesto, thai basil noodles, peanut pesto, peanut sauce, pasta peanut sauce, peanut pasta sauce