What we love about Tik Tok ramen
- We don’t normally buy ramen noodles because of they are not the healthiest, but when I saw this recipe going viral, I knew I had to try it.
- If you haven’t already, you’ve probably seen some variation of this recipe, and some use the egg as a solid ingredient, scrambling it like you would in fried rice, but I love to use it to make the sauce extra creamy, almost like a pasta creamy pasta carbonara recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need to make viral ramen recipe
Ingredients you might need to pick up for this viral noodle recipe
- Ramen noodles – You can get any flavor here because we are going to toss the seasoning packet.
- Everything seasoning – If you don’t have this at home already, go get some! It’s great to add to all sorts of things. You could also make your own everything bagel seasoning.
Making changes to a recipe can result in recipe failure. Any substitutions listed below are simple changes that I believe will work in this recipe, but results are not guaranteed.
How to make tik tok ramen
Cook the noodles. First, toss those seasoning packets. We don’t need them.
Then, add water to a large saucepan and bring it to a boil. Salt the water liberally and cook the ramen noodles until tender.
Drain the noodles and return them to the pot, but keep it off the heat until you add the sauce.
Mix the sauce. While the noodles cook, whisk the eggs, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes together in a mixing bowl. Then, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove in a small pot.
Temper the eggs. While the butter is still hot, slowly whisk it into the sauce. This prevents the eggs from clumping and helps prep the sauce to become nice and creamy when cooked.
Sauce the ramen. Transfer the sauce to the pot with the ramen and turn the heat up to medium. Let the noodles cook, stirring to prevent the sauce from sticking, until the sauce is nice and creamy.
Garnish and serve. Divide your ramen noodles between two bowls and garnish with everything bagel seasoning (or just sesame seeds) and adds some fresh chives before serving.
Everything you need to know about this Tiktok ramen recipe
The viral ramen hack that took over tik tok is a great way to eat ramen noodles. It’s almost just as quick as making ramen using the seasoning packets in the package, but much more delicious and creamy!
For this recipe, I added the egg scrambled to make the sauce extra creamy, just like a carbonara sauce. You can just crack the egg into the ramen if you prefer but the sauce will not turn out quite as creamy.
More pasta recipes we think you’ll love
- Homemade spaghettios
- Hummus pasta
- Easy sesame noodles
- One pot pasta puttanesca
- Slow cooker olive garden chicken pasta
Want more pasta recipes?
Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 2 packages ramen noodles, without seasoning packet
- Salted water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- In a large saucepan with boiling salted water, cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain when tender and return to pot (off heat).
- While the noodles cook, whisk the eggs, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes together in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the melted butter to the mixing bowl (while still hot), whisking vigorously to temper the eggs.
- Transfer the sauce to the pot with the noodles and heat over medium until sauce has thickened, stirring as needed.
- Before serving, garnish with everything seasoning and chives.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: Tiktok ramen recipe, tiktok ramen, ramen noodle with egg, easy ramen noodles, egg ramen noodles, Tiktok ramen recipes, top ramen recipes, fancy ramen, add egg to ramen, adding egg to ramen, how to make good ramen, ramen recipes with egg